Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Black diamond…



‘Only you know your true worth’

-The Puppet Master

Who are you?

Let me ask you again, and think carefully…WHO ARE YOU?

How long did it take you to answer? Did you answer promptly? When we hesitate, is thought, we are showing insecurity. Hesitating, however, brings us a brief moment of rethinking that could end up in a great time of respite.

Are you a young man who’s striving to study? Are you a simple person who works at a store? Are you a woman who’s living the moment? Perhaps you’re an old man who’s feeling tired, or a housewife who’s sad. Maybe you’re an adult female who’s lonely…

Think about how you describe yourself.

I think…wait, let me correct that! I KNOW you are much more than that. Maybe you have been through Hell and back again, but what’s important is not the journey you’ve taken, it is who you are because of that journey.

Have you figured why I asked you this question? Well I have because you, and ONLY YOU know your true value. Coal is a potential diamond.

Who am I? I am a man, a young professional who thought my true worth depended on other’s view of me. God, I suffered for it badly, and lived through a desert that drained my spirit, that wounded my soul. Despite it all I have chosen to stand forth, to look up, thank God and to help others in similar situations not to open their eyes(as it will depend on their own disposition to learn), but to see that there is always another way of seeing things, and themselves.


Now, I ask you, once again, WHO ARE YOU?


Lesson learned: We should all be jewelers, for we are all jewels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw a great movie today that made m e think a lot about dreams we had or didn't have as a child. This movie is called "The Astronaut Farmer". This guy never stopped believing in himself and following his dream. The movie is a movie so launching to the moon from your backyard is not realistic. But I believe that somehow along I may have forgotten my childhood dream.

Ill have to keep searching some more.