Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Moving out...


'There's no greater treasure than the memories we hold dear'

-The Puppet Master



I remember lifting that last box which, though smaller than the ones before, carried all the weight of that ending chapter in my life. Quietly I stood at the doorway and looked all around the room that had once been my place, the echoes of precious memories bringing it back to life in an instant.


From laughter to sobs, prayers, comments, jokes, arguments, and even silence lingered still inside that now empty place. I could only look out the window to the distant downtown and wipe away the mist in my eyes. Moving out can be harder than moving in.


My departure serves a double purpose, it would open the way to my newer and brighter future, and will help me analize my recent past, appreciate it and treasure it deep in my heart.


It is not just what we do in our lives but what we remember of it that makes it truly valuable.


The neverending pages of the book of my life shall contain a section of this chapter to each powerful event that has shaped me forever:


Land of the Fountain of Youth

Tasha's coffee

The Three Musketeers

You Jew

The Tiger with Sapphire Eyes

The Puppet's Tears

Holiest Cross

Chu Chu's Train

Reign of the Empanadas

Marco Polo

Smile Again

Volley Ballers


I will continue to grow, I will continue to remember, and I will continue on the journey I have embarked with you all in my heart, my friends...


Lesson learned: Moving out can be harder than moving in...but even so, we must move on

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And as you move onward, you move upward.

When we reach a mile marker such as a change in residence, it's good to survey the landscape and take note of what we've passed through. How else can we know the direction in which we're headed?

Cherish the lifestory you are writing, my friend... even before you stop at the end of a chapter. Your story can teach you, enrich you, delight you, prepare you and fulfill you. And when you grow, love, appreciate and give, you write a hero's story.

The Puppet Master said...

wow, thanks for the reply ans support, my fellow musketeer.
This last week I have cherished every single moment I've lived. Thanks for being one of those who will transcend from one of my chapters to many, many others.