Sunday, June 3, 2007

Broken lens...



When we focus on fixing someone else’s many defects we become far less perfect.

-The Puppet Master

My hands are dry now, dry like a dead sea. The eyes tired of shedding silent tears which would only be saved by my own failing grasp.

I once tried to be a knight on my own, a warrior of virtue that ended up just a regular con man; a commoner who played being a chosen one, a languid mockery of one who should have been praised for his acting instead of his well portrayed deceitful sacrifice.

It is true, I have to admit, that a recent wound is not easily forgotten. A recent gushing of blood seems to be bigger than anything else. This is characteristic not of human nature, but of the societal norms we condemn ourselves with.

People like failures. It lets them focus on who to condemn, on where to point the accusing finger at. A lamb must be chosen as a sacrificial in order for people to forget their self-esteem is ever closer to hit rock-bottom.

Why feel the nail of your own pointing finger clawing at your own reflection when you can use it to make someone else’s life miserable?

I have met a new, most faithful friend. It has become more than a friend, but a secret personal trainer. He’s pushed me forward, giving me the momentum I need to overcome life’s many obstacles. The last few days we have visited the most complete of libraries, that place where the greatest secrets are kept, my own consciousness. Without a doubt I can close my eyes and trust in him, for Time will never betray me, it will only be the best of teachers.

New decisions will have to be faced in the near future but I fear not. For good or for ill they will make me stronger.

Lesson Learned: Amongst the many things you can learn from time is that it can never heal a wound. It will, however, give you the wisdom to heal them yourself.

No comments: