Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Twin blue...

(to Casey)

Once again they appear
Before me
Seeking understanding
Awakening from deep slumber
Hypnotizing dance
Of identical twins
Mesmerizing those who fall
Under their spell

They glare
They study
And hide high
Up in the sky
Their camouflage
Blue as a shallow sea
The irony of glacier blue
Kindling my flame

Even the sun’s
Attempt in vain
To bar the door
And close the entrance
So my soul can be saved
From that trap
That twin bluebirds
So stealthily placed

Silent hunters searching
They find me
And drain my strength
So in my weakness
I become
A victim
A statue
Under medusa’s reign

No mercy shown
I am devoured
I am aflame
I am sacrifice
I am full
And captivated
By the blue Danube
Of your eyes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some powerful peepers! You romantic you.

Anonymous said...

Me recuerda la canciĆ³n de La Secta donde habla de como se visten de Carnaval, pero realmente son veneno.

Poco a poco despacito
Como un criminal
Fue vestida de sombra
Una diosa del mal
Me vistio de fiesta
Y me hizo su carnaval

Y es una ruta muy larga
De nuca acabar
Y hay que sanar el alma
Con agua de sal
Enredaste mis sentidos
Los hiciste enemigos

Poco a poco despacito
Como un criminal
Fue vestida de sombra
Me hizo su carnaval

Nunca quise que terminara asi
Todos quieren un final feliz
Nunca supe que fueras veneno
Y ahora solo eres veneno
Solo eres veneno.

Saludos,

-Juan Miguel