Thursday, April 5, 2007

Celestial bodies...


Amidst the vast darkness in the heavens at night a bunch of little white specks sparkle, calling the attention of those who dare to dream...

To a few they are small holes bore in the blackness from above, through which God's light escapes to illuminate us. They are The Humble Believers.

To others they are sparkling crystals of singular beauty and hope. Those are The Hopeless Romantics.

Some see the souls of the departed watching from above in them. They are the Lonely Melancholics.

To some they are massive, luminous spheres of plasma which form galaxies if put together. These are The Easily Forgotten.



To me, however, each star represents a memory of those who have touched my heart in a good way. They represent the ones who have marked me, who have helped me in my personal quest for wisdom and growth.


Orion's head is David's star, after that friend from college who helped me boost my confidence, after he who accepted me always with his arms wide open.


Orion's left shoulder is Darren's star, my Canadian friend who helped me accept myself without regrets, him with always an optimistic attitude, a joke, and a big smile waiting for me to see it.


Orion's right shoulder is Andrej's star, after my old friend from the former Yugoslavia, the first man I ever saw shedding a tear for our separation. Bless you in the heavens within God's embrace, my friend.


Somehow I know that in the future, even when I lose my memory I will be able to look up to the sky and see those shining little spots. With that thought I will then tell my grandchildren
'I don't even know what they are, I don't know how they got there, but something I will always know is that those little things up there mean a lot to me'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Falta una... YO.

Cual soy?

RPGdude said...

Y yo?

Anonymous said...

Many times we don't take the time to acknowledge those friends who matter most and they leave us, without ever knowing how much they have impacted our lives.

I know that your friends will not leave this world with any uncertainty as to how you felt about them.

Wonderfully written!