Friday, April 20, 2007

Reality check...




I’ve been asked if I’ve seen God, the One, god or however one may choose to call Him, or him, or it…



I haven’t.

I haven’t heard his voice.

I haven’t touched him.

I haven’t tasted it.



How can I believe in Him then?



As a man I’ve traveled some. I have seen the icy reaches of the Arctic Circle. I've foraged for mushrooms in the Swedish woodlands. I have also enjoyed seeing dolphins jumping in the wild.

I have helped heal a leper's wounds. I have seen a child die with AIDS.

I have visited many a prisoner. I have made love over a hundred rose petals.
I have performed in front of an audience. I've met a royal family.

I have seen brain surgery being performed. I've seen people wake up from a coma.

I have delivered a baby, and I have also seen death in the face.

I've seen the World. I've seen the hurting, and I've also hurt myself time and time again with my own stupidity.

I have also found love.


I have seen hope in the faces of the ill, sadness in the faces of those who suffer, joy in the ones who live…

I have never seen pain. I have seen people hurt, but I have not seen pain itself.


I haven’t heard it.


I haven’t touched it.


I haven’t tasted it.



Does pain, then, exist? People claim they have felt God in their hearts, lives or even minds. Who am I to judge them?



To each his own beliefs.



For all I know, there must be a being, a higher power up there somewhere. If I believe it or not it won’t make him more or less real.


Lesson Learned: So I choose to believe: God, just as pain, is a matter of faith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

el anterior era bueno
pero este es afirmativo
respuesta clara