Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sub-zero...



Woke up lost amidst the fog of this dank, cold jail

A frigid prison with no bars, a quiet place with no walls

Somewhere where no movement can be seen

For the life I perceive only in my own breathing



The eyes slowly turning into deathly icicles

The heart a large glacier about to collide

With even a ghost ship if it would happen to pass

Now even that would be merciful



Just as death reaches life with its own cruel hands

It sinks its nails in the depths of the soul

And possesses the heart of those who dreamt

To affirm its sovereignty in the throne of despair



How I wish to believe in magic

If I could only cast a powerful spell

But even inside the druid circle where I stand

Not even imaginary friends will come



Can't cry anymore, can't shed a tear

For fear the cold will freeze it in place

Turning it into a permanent memory

Of these times I hope will disappear someday



The only one I see is badly wounded

It lies in the chilly surface of a frozen lake

I'll carry her to the safest place I can

To hide her safely in hopes she'll make it



Don't leave me, stay around

I'll give my own life away to save you

"I'll never leave your side

For I'm your Soul and we are one"



Lesson Learned: 'A flower will never bloom in winter' -myself





No comments: